Election Results

From the ARRL Web site :

Current Rocky Mountain Division Vice Director Brian Mileshosky, N5ZGT, of Albuquerque, New Mexico, with 1393 votes, defeated Jeff Ryan, K0RM, of Westminster, Colorado (915 votes) in the race for Director of that Division. Current ARRL Rocky Mountain Division Director Warren G. "Rev" Morton, WS7W, did not run for re-election this term. Dwayne Allen, WY7FD, of Devil's Tower, Wyoming, with 1332 votes, defeated Chris Howard, W0EP, of Fort Collins, Colorado, who received 938 votes.

I received a phone call from ARRL President Joel Harrison W5ZN this afternoon letting me know the results of the election. That was a kind thing for him to do.

Random Thoughts:

I think Brian and Dwayne's strategy of running as a "ticket" was effective. Also, I think they did a better job contacting clubs and organizations in the division.

I was gratified that I received 938 votes and that there was a pretty good turnout.

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me in my candidacy and thanks for supporting me with your votes.

No comments: